Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow Days

Yesterday school let out early because of freezing rain. We were out of power when we got home, and it stayed out until around 10:00 last night. I went up to Justin's work and sat at the bar, charging my phone and laptop for the 3 hours he worked. At least I was warm and near him. My phone barely had service, so sitting at home in the dark, not being able to text him, sounded like the lesser option.

I was a bit distressed not having power...I wanted to work out. I was going to put my dvd in my laptop, not caring if I zapped the battery, but alas, my dvd was stuck in the player. Without electricity, I couldn't get the dvd out without disassembling the dvd player. And f* that. So I did my best to remember the workout, and I think I did pretty well!

When we got home we snuggled in bed, lit a candle, and put a movie on my fully charged laptop and then the power came back on. We set our clocks and turned everything off again and snuggled back up by the candlelight.

We are thankful to have power, but many people in our county are still without, we are also out of school tomorrow. My thoughts are with those still in the dark and to those working to get it turned back on.

~elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice, children...