Tuesday, December 31, 2013

May old acquaintance be forgot...

Happy last day of 2013!

"May old acquaintance be forgot" seems to be the theme for this year. At least that's what my husband says. He says that because after getting married this year and going through all those festivities, you see people's true colors and where their true loyalties lie. Since we got married out of town, we didn't expect a whole lot of out of towners to show up...we knew that. BUT we dislike people flaking out at the last moment.....which seems to happen all the week before the wedding. If you can't go, be like some of my REAL friends and say you wish you could come, and don't pretend you are coming the whole time and then just not show up. Any way, you get the point. Only our family was there. That's it. The only ones of our friends that were there (not family) were 2 of my bridesmaids, Kelly and Becky, and Kelly's husband, Jonathan. That is it. People even flaked on my bachelorette party! Don't get me wrong, I still had a blast and our wedding was perfect, wouldn't change anything about it. Just letting you know why old acquaintances are being forgot... I hope that clears that up.

ANY WHO. thanks for letting me vent about that, I will now leave that here, in 2013. 2014 will be an amazing year, I just know it. For one thing, we will have our first year married. On my mom's side of the family we are having a big family reunion in June. We are gathering at a giant beach house on Holden Beach in NC. I can't wait! In 2011, we all went on a Royal Caribbean cruise! That was my first cruise, and it was incredible! Justin and I were just dating then, so he did not come along, BUT since we are married now, he is totally going to be with us at the beach! I'm so excited!!! Since that is in roughly 5-6 months, I need to get back into shape. Justin decided he would like to get in shape as well.

Again, anyway, I thought I'd make a list of "resolutions" for this year. I haven't always been the best at keeping them, but I give a good ole fashion effort. So here is my list:

  1. work out at least 6 days a week
  2. eat better foods
  3. cut out drinking (for the beginning of the year, to jump start weight loss)
  4. manage money better--save more
  5. take care of our apartment better--keep it tidy and organized
  6. have quality time with my husband and our dogs
  7. make our marriage wonderful!!!
I guess that's about it! I think this is a pretty do-able list. I'll keep ya posted!
Happy last day of 2013...I'll be living it up downtown in my sequence tonight! CHEERS!

~elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice, children...