Sunday, December 29, 2013

We have colds.

Sniffles, sore throat, cough, sneezeles, heavy head....it's not fun. but we trudge onward! ....mostly because we have no choice. Am I right? I'm right.

Justin thoughtfully made breakfast for us this morning (he had to work at 11...split shift today....bleck! but money!). He had brought french fries home from work the other night so he panned them up with some ham and chicken and made breakfast potatoes! YAY!!! And he made them sweetly while I had the look of death, bundled on the couch, watching HGTV. What a sweetie. I love him.

After he went off to work, I decided I was going to make us some chicken noodle soup. Not the can, the real thing! Well, as real as it gets for me. I had some chicken broth (don't ask me why) and I cut up leftover chicken, celery, carrots, brussels sprouts, and broccoli and put it in the crock pot. Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt. On low. I'll be checking on it constantly. OH and noodles :) check it out.



Yesterday I got a good deal of cleaning done. We took out a lot of trash. A LOT of trash. It just accumulates. But I think a lot of it had to do with Christmas trash and I've been sorting and cleaning out things. What lit a fire under my ass is that my brother-in-law and his wife were going to be stopping by that afternoon to drop off Christmas presents, and this place was wrecked. I could not let them see...mostly because they've never been here!! It turned out that only Tyler stopped by, Carly was out shopping with her family. We had a nice visit, and Tyler complemented our apartment. That makes me feel good, especially when we've put so much time, thought, and effort into making this tiny place our home.

My goal is to redo the whole place before I go back to work next week. So I've got this whole week to do it. Not counting new years, because you know I won't get shit done that day. Baha.

I'm not taking our Christmas stuff down until next weekend...I hate to see it come down.
I hope this chicken soup helps and we are over these cold soon!!! I hope you are all healthy :P

~elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice, children...