Saturday, April 6, 2013

Mexican Style Pizza

 
I made this for J and me last night for dinner, and it was a big hit! There were NO leftovers! I got the original recipe from here but I modified it to fit my baking...um...level. Ha! This is what I used:
  • Store bought pizza dough (already in the pizza form)
  • Chipotle BBQ
  • Canned corn
  • Reduced sodium black beans
  • Rotisserie chicken (from Kroger)
  • Mexican style shredded cheese
I spread the BBQ on the crust, replacing the pizza sauce. Then I put little chunks of the chicken all over the pizza. I then spooned some of the corn, then the rinsed black beans. I popped it in the oven for 10 minutes on 450. After that, I sprinkled some cheese on top, popped it back in for about 3 minutes, let it cool and serve! I had 2 pieces and J polished off the rest, he loved it! He admitted he was skeptical when I started preparing it and wasn't sure if he would like it at all...but he's already asking when I will make it again! It went perfect with some Dos Equis Amber ;)

I hope your basketball team is winning in the final four this evening!

elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice, children...