Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday: a day of prepping!



A nice new motto I have adapted is, "If I fail to plan, I plan to fail." It makes sense, yes? So in lite of that, I decided to continue planning ahead on my meals, that seems to be my secret weapon. If I spend about 2-3 hours in the kitchen on Sunday (before my week starts), I can have all my breakfasts and lunches ready for the week. Then I don't think about it past, "which one will I eat first?" And I am happy to report that I have completed day 9 of slim in 6.

The top photograph, is a few pictures from the frittata I made (I used the Pioneer Woman's recipe). I put onions, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, and ham in it. Of course it's a dozen eggs, mixed with a dash of chipoltle tabasco sauce, little bit of cheese, and a bit of butter. I cut it into twelves so it is a serving size.

In the middle we have a preview of my week in lunches! Yay!

And the last one is what I did for dinner. I roasted root vegetables. It consists of parsnips, carrots, onions, and sweet potatoes. Mixed with olive oil, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper.

I've been enjoying watching the Golden Globes :)

~elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice, children...